Monday, July 9, 2012

My father, the motivational speaker

Now that I'm (for all practical purposes) unemployed, I've been spending my free time at my father's auto-repair shop.  Essentially, I get up FAR too early to do nothing but shuttle repaired mail trucks back & forth to home offices, run to pick up parts, and essentially spend 4-6 hours a day being that freeloading daughter that's done nothing remotely productive with her life, and now doesn't even have a stupid hobby to piss away her free time with.  


As I think I've mentioned before, I am the oldest of four children in my family, and still haven't graduated from college.  This is a point of contention between my father and myself, and I'm fairly confident that he's resigned his thoughts of me to somewhere between "Where did I go wrong? Why didn't I just pull out?" and "Well, at least she's too chubby to be a stripper."


This was the pep talk we had this morning in the truck on our way back to the shop:  


"So I got a call back from one of the temp agencies I sent my resume to."


"Oh yeah?  How are you gonna get a job?  You're twenty-four years old, ya got no skills. Ya been playing with horses your whole life. Ya got no job. Ya got nothin' goin' for ya."

"I've got skills!"

"Sleeping around doesn't count cuz you're too damn stupid to charge for it.  Even the smart girls charge for it!"

"...Thanks Dad."






I need a real job.  Stat. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

I ABSOLUTELY welcome comments, as long as they're not rude or disrespectful (that's my job). I write this blog for my own benefit and the benefit of my fans, so please don't come in here and try and start a fight. I don't knock on your door and bitch at you, please don't do it here.